Friday, September 20, 2013

Feeling Blue


I recently made another card with  Stampin' Up's  For the Birds, but when I was trying to decide what to do with Operation Write Home's Sketch Challenge #190 this week, these materials were  still handy!  So, I changed the color scheme to include SU's Baja Breeze, stamped the bird on colored cardstock instead of trying to color him in, paper pieced his wing for a little added dimension and finished the card with Soft Suede and Crumb Cake cardstock, used Cuttlebug Oriental Weave as my embossing folder, a sentiment from There She Goes Penguin Love, and hearts from Cricut Doodlecharms.  The adhesive securing the burlap doesn't stand out that much in person, but it bugs me that it's so obvious in the photo . . . C'est la vie!


This card, though obviously not blue, also seemed appropriate for a missing you card as I made it. I actually found the cute little panda (A Muse Artstamps) in my stash of already stamped (but abandoned) images and decided he needed a home!  I got out my Embossing Arts Co Bamboo stamp, some Gumball Green ink and cardstock, Cuttlebug Oriental Bamboo embossing folder,  and, voilà! he had somewhere to belong -and yet he looked so lonely . . . so I added the sentiment from There She Goes Penguin Love with the SU! word window and modern label punches along with a couple teeny tiny brads and dimensionals.  I hope at least the bright green will cheer someone up and give the little panda company wherever he's sent . . .

1 comment:

  1. I adore that little panda and all the textures on both cards look great (totally know how you feel on the adhesive glare, too, & know whatcha mean)...TGIF!

    ReplyDelete