Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cool Thanks


I'm generally not one to brag (except about my kids, perhaps), so I'm not saying that this card is "cool" as in "hip", but penguins just convey a sense of cool naturally, don't they?  I don't particularly like cold weather, ice or snow, but I love penguins and the slight chill in our morning air reminded me that it's time to get these wintry stamps out (even if I have done lots of birds lately) . . .



I used one of my favorite penguin stamps to create this Thank you note based on OWH sketch 161.  It took some patience, stamping the penguin image repeatedly to create this paper-pieced penguin (say that five times fast!), but when you love something, you're willing to go the extra mile, right?  :)

Supplies:  Magenta penguin with gift stamp, Marvy snowflake punch, Spare Parts mini brads, Spellbinders Nestabiities Petite Ovals, glue dots to make the package stand out and Stampin' Up white embossing powder, sentiment, Basic Black, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight cardstock (sponged lightly with Peach Parfait), Seasonal Borders (mini), and Northern Flurry embossing folder.

1 comment:

  1. I could use some "cool-ness"... woke up to nearly 70 degrees this MORNING! BOO! Not my kinda October weather. This penguin looks like he's treating the gift like a little baby penguin! I've got to pull out my one (& only?) penguin stamp to share with you soon! TGIF.

    ReplyDelete