Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Adventure Awaits!



When I started playing with Papertrey Ink's Make it Monday challenge this week: Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds, I had no idea how happy I'd be with the results.  I may have just found a good option for my (hard to design for) son's birthday card.  Obviously, turning fifteen, the age at which you can get a learner's permit here is going to be an adventure, right?!!  Driving, starting to look at colleges and signing up for AP classes means plenty of adventures are in his future, not to mention plans for a fun summer vacation!  The Road Trip compass already included some splatter, so I just added a bit more from the other colors in the background to coordinate & add a little birthday confetti!

Supplies:  PI Road Trip, Stampin' Up Whisper White and Night of Navy cardstock, Tim Holtz Distress inks: mustard seed,pine needles, peacock feathers and chipped sapphire, My Favorite Things Petal Circles stencil, clear embossing powder, All Night Media Splatter pattern and Scotch foam tape. 



7 comments:

  1. Love your colour combo Ellen it blends so smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen, this is wonderful! Great colors, sponging, and stencil design! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great "guy" card! Your background colors are fabulous (I'm kinda partial to blues and greens myself!!) and the compass and sentiment are a perfect fit for all the new adventures awaiting your son. Wonderful card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a fantastic card for a teen-aged son! Beautiful background!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Mom!! what a lot of exciting adventure awaits you both as your son grows older. : ) Have a blast!!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete