Monday, January 11, 2021

Two more happy hummingbirds



 This week's sketch challenge # 523 at My Favorite Things was a fun one to play with. There were some diverse examples for inspiration , so I felt free to make my own version of the sample design. 

My husband needed a sympathy card for a cousin who passed away recently and since he's a huge hummingbird fan, I thought this would be an appropriate card for him to send. As I was sampling colors, however, I started to worry that the teal background I liked best might be too cheerful for a sympathy card. But then I decided that the bird on the branch looked rather contemplative and besides, sympathy cards should try to cheer people up a bit, so why not use some bold, happy colors?

I added the contrast of the white embossed, non-filled images since the blockiness of the design didn't fit the vibe of condolences (although I think I'll definitely use it for some contemporary hello cards in the future).  

Supplies: MFT Happy Hummingbirds, Copic Markers, Wink of Stella, Neenah Solar white, Stampin' Up! Taken with Teal and Whisper White card stock, random arrow die (to create banner), Tim Holtz Distress inks blended on background pieces, Versamark, and fine white detail embossing powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment