Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Watercolor Pears


I have seen so many great posts and videos about watercolor on cards lately (many of my favorites on K Werner Designs) that I spent some time this past weekend trying the technique.  Watercoloring definitely pushed me out of my comfort zone, but I enjoyed the challenge and am mostly happy with this project overall.

I initially chose pears as the focal image since my son's birthday is coming up and pears are his favorite fruit.  He often encourages me to work on my "mom blog" so I thought he'd appreciate something out of the ordinary technique-wise.  I got a little carried away flicking my toothbrush to add some fun splatter to what I felt was a very serious looking card, yet I think it's still too adult in style for a teenager.  So back to the drawing board on his 15th b-day greeting!  C'est la vie!

Supplies used:  MFT Celebrate You greeting (one "happy" for each of the pears!), Stampin' Up Infinite Goodness, Strathmore watercolor paper,  black cardstock, Versamark, white & black embossing powders, Reeves watercolor set, paintbrushes and an old toothbrush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment