Monday, February 8, 2021

When life gives you lemons


I wonder how lemons got such a bad rep that the phrase about "when life gives you lemons" got started? And why is a kruddy car called a lemon? I know it's a rabbit hole that I could easily investigate as I sit here at the computer, but for now I'll leave it a mystery.

I actually like lemons, I adore fresh squeezed lemonade and I frequently use lemon juice in marinades and/or baking!  When I saw the colors for this week's My Favorite Things Color Challenge #159, I decided right away to use the Main Squeeze stamp set along with some watercolors for the fun of it.


I used Tim Holtz distress ink for the grapesicle-like background and scraps of card stock for the die cut and mat. I'm not a pro at watercolor, so it was hard for me to control the shades of yellow and green on the lemons, but overall I was happy with the results.

Supplies: My Favorite Things Main Squeeze stamp set, Hello die-namics, Tim Holtz water color paper and Shaded Lilac distress oxide, Versafine Onyx ink, Gansai Tambi and a hint of Yasutomo water colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment