Sunday, January 31, 2021

Birthday wishes

My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge 526 provided me with a good plan for making a birthday card to give our office manager, Laura. She loves watching hummingbirds from her porch swing on her back porch, overlooking the lake, so I used one as my focal point with a blended blue sky (or lake) behind it. I also used some MFT clear embellishments in addition to the flower accents. It could look a bit more festive, but on a gloomy and rainy day, my  mood was more one of restfulness and tranquility than celebration. She has such a pleasant, positive personality I hope she likes it and understands that the understated appearance still conveys heartfelt wishes.



 

Supplies: My Favorite Things Happy Hummingbirds stamps and dies, clear embellishments, yellow flock, Memento Tuxedo, Versafine Onyx ink, Tim Holtz distress inks and assorted Copics.

No comments:

Post a Comment