Thursday, July 16, 2020

Up, Up and Away

I am not one of those people who feel the need to fill every quiet moment with idle chatter, TV or radio.  I enjoy quiet time, a lull in conversation doesn't bother me, it's a rare opportunity for introspection or a moment to think before I speak! Today's card helped me understand that craving others seem to have to fill that auditory void.  In taking on My Favorite Things sketch challenge #498 this week, I found that leaving significant white space on a card is extremely difficult for me to do! All the more reason I needed to accept the clean and simple dare! 


I admire those who routinely create beautiful single layer cards, but I could not resist adding black and blue mats to mine.  I am not a minimalist!  Are my cards generally overdone?  Maybe; I will try to be more selective about how I use space, but don't expect to see this much unadorned card base very often.  I was so tempted to add texture, watermarks or sequins to accent the "plain"  parts. It also turned out to be incredibly tricky to complete as I repeatedly got a smudge or crease on the white part!  I swear I spent just as much time on this C&S card as any other more complicated layout!

Supplies:  Stampin' Up! Whisper White, Basic Black, Bashful Blue card stock and ink, sentiment, Papertrey Ink Up, Up and Away, stamp set and Copic markers.

No comments:

Post a Comment