Saturday, September 19, 2020

I'm no genius!


I debated whether or not to participate in My Favorite Things' 2020 Card Design contest.  I never win the random contests, so how do I stand a chance in one based on skill and talent?  I'm a weeknight, weekend crafter with average aptitude at best! Then I thought, it doesn't matter so much who wins, when in fact everyone who creates a card to share with a family member, friend or colleague is a winner!

So, against my better judgment, I bravely took on the My Favorite Things card design superstar clean and simple category  and this is what I made. 

I used my MFT brick stencil as an embossing folder, but ran it through my machine on top of some fun foam circles, so that it highlights just part of the card. It makes the background look like the interior of my daughter's university housing, and since she's the intended recipient, it seemed perfect! I also did lots of fussy cutting and added some layers to the image as well as a very narrow mat.  Although it's not a single layer card, I hope it still qualifies as clean and simple!  I had exchanged the girl's face in the Our Story stamp before, and I just love putting the panda in the arm chair with a book! The girl's hands work well as paws, and this time I used Liquid Pearls to give them and the feet a little dimension, too.  

Supplies: MFT Happy Pandas, Our Story, Small Brick Wall Stencil, Sweet Celebrations Paper Pad, Stampin' Up! Whisper White and Almost Navy card stock, foam tape, Ranger Liquid Pearls Onyx  and Super Fine Detail clear embossing powder with Versafine Onyx Black ink.

1 comment: