Monday, November 9, 2020

Fresh Cut Flowers for my Mom

My mom and I used to be Hallmark Gold Crown members -before my sister and I got into creating cards. Now we send hand-made cards to friends & family which is not only great therapy but more meaningful for the recipients, too. And my Mom is not only a recipient of the occasional card I write inside to send her, but she often requests cards as gifts for Christmas and Mother's Day.  So I"m working on finishing up a set of unique cards to give her this coming holiday season and decided to combine those efforts with My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge #514.


My mom loves flowers and her favorite color is orange, so I got out my MFT Fresh Cut Flowers and my Copic markers and created this fairly simple card (except for the color blending which is often a challenge).  I may go back and put a different stamp on the sentiment; I had the Pandas set out, so this birthday greeting was handy, but not as pretty a script as I'd prefer for the otherwise elegant flowers. Oh well, there's always room for improvement and I'm not trying to hide that my cards are hand-made, one of a kind creations!


Supplies: 
MFT Fresh Cut flowers stamp set, sentiment from MFT Pandas, assorted Copic markers and scrap colored cardstock. 


No comments:

Post a Comment