Monday, July 18, 2016

Magnificent Masking


I need to practice color blending with distress inks, so My Favorite Things' July 14 Camp Create 2 challenge gave me the motivation to take that on again.  I was thankful to have some masking paper in my stash which made creating the mask from the die very easy to use!  I picked some colors I like and blended away, on the background using the same shades in "static' on the television set as well.  It could represent someone's crazy wallpaper, I guess . . . I didn't have an occasion or recipient in mind, so this was a challenge, but it's definitely a technique I'd be wiling to try with other background dies in the future. 

Supplies:  MFT Stay Tuned stamp set & dies, Tim Holtz distress inks:  Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Mustard Seed, Stampin' Up! Whisper White, plus miscellaneous scraps of black, gray and silver cardstock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment